Cuturi Gallery presents its first c/discoveries solo exhibition of the year: Turn of the Sun by Singaporean artist Dawn Ang, also known as Aeropalmics. In collaboration with So-Far, this exhibition showcases wall sculptures crafted in wood, pigment, and charcoal. These elements when put together, whisper the essence of nature, chronicling the cycle of birth, life, and death.
A Lasalle Fine Arts graduate, Aeropalmics is an avid drawer whose work takes inspiration from the natural world, focusing on the nuances of the human condition. Her illustrative works have since been acquired by clients such as Google and Facebook Singapore, Johnnie Walker, Tiger Beer, Esquire, and the National Youth Council.
c/discoveries is a program initiated by the gallery which aims at developing and integrating under-represented artists into the commercial gallery system with an innovative 80/20 model, where 80 percent of the artwork sale goes to the artist while the remaining 20 percent is re-invested into other artists of the program.
Turn of the sun will go online from 5th June till 1st July and exhibit at the gallery from 2nd July till 19th July 2020 at #02-16 Pacific Plaza, 9 Scotts Road, Singapore 228210. Admission is free.
Click here for more information.
When: 5 Jun - 19 Jul 2020, 11:00 am - 07:00 pm
By: Cuturi Gallery