Noise Invasion Festival 2017 will provide festival-goers with an immersive experience this year. To be held at the Haw Par Villa on Saturday, 28 October 2017 from 6pm – 10.30pm, the creatively designed trail will have multiple touch points to encounter experimental art forms.
“This festival aims to emphasise positive eccentricity that is associated with the experimental realm of the Singapore arts scene. Musicians, dancers, artists, makers and creators partnering us for Noise Invasion are encouraged to indulge in their ‘strangest’ instincts and showcase unconventional art forms for young people and the public.”
~ Hyder Albar, festival co-organiser and founder of Invasion Singapore
- Be entertained by local musicians including M1LDL1FE, Sam Rui, Wicked Aura, Amateur Takes Control, Axel Brizzy, or follow the crimson brick road to Haw Par Villa’s Signature Pond, which we have nicknamed “Terrapin Kingdom”, where dancers from Recognize! Studios will captivate you.
- Best #GETWEIRD Attire: Guests are encouraged to dress up in their most outrageous and creative costumes to embrace the eccentricity that will invade your senses at every corner of the festival. Groups with four or more that come dressed up will stand a chance to win attractive prizes.
- Great Wall of Art: 3 urban art enthusiasts will be collaborating with established
street artists, Slac Satu and Freaky Fir, on a life size mural. Festival attendees
are encouraged to participate by painting along with the artists
Talks and Workshops
- New Versus Old (Pre-festival)
A song-writing workshop that explores the ins and outs of using technology in music. Budding experimental musicians will learn how to employ analog and digital sounds, with the chance to create a track to be featured during the event.
- Venture Into The Unknown
A mini-showcase by industry professionals such as AYA (Aya Sekine) and SA (SA Collective), that will help music lovers understand more about this niche genre (see Annex B for details).
- Go on a distinctive gastronomic experience of everyday Singaporean cuisine with quirky displays.
- A creative marketplace where festival-goers can pick up unique fashion, arts and lifestyle products, designed and made by Singaporean artists and craftsmen.
Admission is free.
Venue: Haw Par Villa
When: 28 Oct 2017, 6pm - 10.30pm
By: Noise Singapore