Even COVID-19 can’t stop the music as the Rock & Indie Festival (RIF) returns for its fourth edition on 20 November (6pm) & 21 November 2020 (1pm) at LASALLE College of the Arts with a brand new format. Broadcasting over Facebook and YouTube, this digital music festival is set to get music lovers’ blood pumping as they rave along with 19 local acts from the comfort and safety of their own home.
Although the pandemic has caused musical festivals to come to a standstill, artists are increasingly going digital to present their work. LASALLE’s RIF is now one such platform for Singapore’s young musicians to showcase their talents and cultivate an appreciation for local music.
- Subsonic Eye’s latest release, aptly named Bedroom Sessions due to COVID-19 safety measures, is a show of solidarity for migrant workers, with all sale proceeds donated to non-profit organisation TWC2. Their debut album was lauded by Bandcamp as ‘New & Notable’, making it one of the bestselling dream pop/shoegaze releases of 2017.
- Veteran rock band Astreal, that LASALLE’s very own multi-hyphenate Ginette Chittick is part of, returns after a two-year hiatus to perform for the second time in 2020 at RIF.
- Making their hot debut at RIF is Building Fire. The trio of LASALLE BA(Hons) Music students and alumni combines the guitar, violin and drums to create lush, unique soundscapes for the senses.
- Saints Amongst Sinners will perform their new single ‘Bitter Truths’ which was released on 28 May.
- Following their highly lauded song which hit 50,000 streams and counting on The Great Singapore Replay 2, whirring will perform a new, unreleased song ‘If you’d have me’ at RIF.
- Singer Marian Carmel will perform her new single ‘Rose’ since its release on 6 Nov, at RIF. She makes an appearance following her recent success at the Singapore Youth Music Awards 2019 and song ‘Might Never Get Better’ debuting on 10 Spotify-curated playlists all over the world.
When: 20 - 21 Nov 2020,