The O.P.E.N. – Open, Participate, Enrich, Negotiate – is a pre-festival of ideas from the Singapore International Festival of Arts (SIFA). It is a public engagement initiative that connects the public to the themes and issues of the main Festival.
This year, The O.P.E.N. boasts a rich, star-studded line-up of over 50 events across five segments: exhibition, performance, concert, salon (talks and forums) and film in which audiences will get to further discover what individuals are doing in the world through pop, fashion, design and architecture, clubbing, photojournalism and film, to name a few.
Held from 22 June to 9 July 2016, audiences can look forward to 18 days of stimulating exploration that raises fascinating questions and offers eye-opening insights about our world and humanity.
Aiming to stimulate thought and conversation in the run-up to SIFA 2016 (11 August – 17 September), The O.P.E.N. digs deep into the heart of the theme for the year: Potentialities. It explores the potential of individuals to develop in the future and transform society. Artists featured are transforming their worlds through their arts and visions – what future will they bring to our society and increasingly inter-connected worlds? How have they used art as a catalyst for conversation and sparking change?
Highlights of The O.P.E.N. 2016 include:
– Exhibition by Newsha Tavakolian, award-winning Iranian photo-journalist
– Concert by a highly popular former participant of The Voice of China, Perhat Khaliq
– Record-number of international films – 26 – with Asian premieres
– Talks, fashion shows and workshops by fashion icon, Carla Fernandez
– 3-day immersive production consisting of an interplay of eight artists and their works in Club Malam
– Performance by one of fashion’s premier historian-curators, Olivier Saillard together with seven former supermodels
Venue: Various locations in Central Singapore
Tickets: O.P.E.N. Pass – $45 (for all programmes, early bird applies till 8 May)
Concession Pass – $25 (no further discounts, applies to students, international students, NSF, seniors age 55)
When: 22 Jun - 9 Jul 2016,