Liberate yourself — from old clothes, from design, from the tyranny of craftsmanship!
Led by intuition, we will make totally new, as yet wholly undefined, garments out of used clothing. With a few basic, easy to understand principles and simple techniques, you will make clothes that you will commit to being proud of. Never thought you would wear something you made? GREAT! You’re walking out of the class wearing your new creation!
Make sure you are:
– Wearing separates that are NOT valuable to you and that you are comfortable bending and sitting on the floor in.
– Wearing underlayers that you do not mind being seen in by the group.
Things to bring:
– 5 varied pieces of old clothing, freshly laundered, ironed or steamed if creased.
– These pieces of clothing should not match, can be your size or not (it does not matter), should include some pieces with pattern or print, should not be stained, torn or otherwise unwearable.
– Any available sewing notions/tools such as scissors, pins, needles and thread, measuring tape, rulers, elastic, sewing machines, large safety pins, etc.
Participation fee: $100/pax
Venue: Grey Projects, 6B Kim Tian Road, Singapore 169246
When: 11 Nov 2017, 3pm - 7pm
By: Grey Projects