A new digital companion has joined the team at National Gallery Singapore. The Colours of Impressionism chatbot, catering to social media users on-the-go, is now available on Facebook messenger to chat about the exhibition and Impressionism.
Here is why it matters:
Nine reasons to try the Colours of Impressionism chatbot by National Gallery Singapore
- Even when they are not at the Gallery, beginners to Impressionism can explore the art movement and paintings from Colours of Impressionism: Masterpieces from the Musée d’Orsay – the first exhibition in Southeast Asia on one of the most influential art movements in history – Impressionism.
- Designed especially for social media users on-the-go, information is presented in a bite-sized, light-hearted format. It is also easily accessible, anytime and anywhere (as long as there is Internet access!)
- Hang out with the chatbot as it shares 10 exhibition highlights and their interesting background stories for an easy-to-digest experience.
- A tailored experience according to one’s interest awaits as users are guided with options based on their interest before the chatbot responds with suitable information.
- Not an expert on Impressionism? Select the ‘Art of Seeing Art’ option where the chatbot shares how Impressionist artists paint, going beyond the 10 exhibition highlights featured in the chatbot. This can also help add to the visitors’ experience as they admire these masterpieces right before them at the Gallery.
- To learn beyond the 10 highlights, choose the ‘Audio Guide’ option to access the Gallery Explorer app and go on an audio tour of the exhibition.
- Take a peek at the top 10 recent Instagram posts on the #CenturyofLight hashtag to see what other visitors to the exhibition are excited about.
- For those who are preparing for their visit, quiz the chatbot for the Gallery’s opening hours and the next available tour for the exhibition.
- Conveniently built on Facebook Messenger, the chatbot does not require additional download of application!