This month’s edition of Art Day Out! – a Gillman Barracks open house day event – will return with a special collaboration with Singapore HeritageFest 2016. Highlights include a series of indoor film screenings centred on the precinct’s history as an army barracks as well as the festival’s theme, “Old Stories, New Memories”. The film screenings will take place in Gillman Barracks’ former cinema space run by the Army Kinema Corporation.
- ‘Eastward Bound’, a special film programme by the Asian Film Archive exploring the histories of Western presence in Singapore. The programme includes Operation Malaya (1953), Gaston Méliès and his Wandering Star Film Company (2015) and a selection of short films by contemporary Singapore-based filmmakers investigating the country’s historical narratives. Full program HERE
- A creative writing workshop at Pearl Lam Galleries inspired by ‘The Third Script’- a two-person exhibition by Boo Junfeng and Linda Lai; 2 – 4pm, registration neccessary, pls email email@example.com
- Yeo Workshop presents local artist Loke Hong Seng’s historic black and white photographs as part of its ongoing group show ‘Please Talk To Me’. Loke’s photographs will take you back into the past, narrating life in Singapore in the 1960s and 1970s.
- Art Explorers at Art Outreach Singapore, where families can join artist Merryn Trevethan for a series of family workshops and drop-in activities; Workshops at 2 – 3pm and 5 – 6pm, drop-in activities from 12 – 6pm. pls register at artoutreachsingapore.peatix.com
- FOM Singapore docent-led Art & History Tours and History & Heritage Tours of Gillman Barracks; various timings, pls register at gillmanbarracks.com/tours
Venue: Gillman Barracks, Singapore
When: 14 May 2016, 2pm - 8pm
By: Gillman Barracks