The National Council of Social Service’s mental health anti-stigma campaign Beyond the Label will host its first virtual festival to rally support for persons with mental health conditions and promote mental well-being, especially in these tough times!
Audiences can look forward to:
- A virtual concert that hopes to rally Singaporeans in support of mental health hosted by local singer Benjamin Kheng, featuring performances by artists such as Kit Chan, Stefanie Sun and also local music group 3AM Music Collective, whose artistes have lived experience with mental health – founded by former national athlete Eileen Chai and her husband.
- Workshops that promotes mental wellbeing which includes Tabata workouts hosted by Ah Boys to Men star Maxi Lim, workshops on creative journaling, mindfulness, yoga etc. These workshops are all available for a token donation of $10 to Community Chest.
- Open dialogues on mental health stigma that are free and broadcasted over Facebook Live.
- Dialogues that aims to spark conversations about mental health and equip individuals with better knowledge of mental health stigma.
- E-Escape room that is a web-based single player game which allows individuals to walk in the shoes of someone with lived experience, to understand better the mental health conditions and challenges, building greater understanding and empathy.
When: 26 - 27 Sep 2020,
Venue/Organizer: National Arts Council (NAC)