EPISODE IV’s Theme: Food Stories
Submissions Due: April 25th 2015
Metaphors Be With You (MBWY) is a curated spoken personal essay presentation held at least once a month at Haque Centre of Acting & Creativity (HCAC). They are open to anyone who submits a story that meets the MBWY Submission Guidelines. It is free to participate.
- We like stories that are true and personal showing how an experience changed and informed you. What did you discover about yourself or your world and the people in it?
- Every month we will pick a theme that you must use to craft your story. You can interpret the theme however you want but there must be a clear application and understanding of the theme in your story.
- Your stories can be less but should be not more than 1300 words or 6 minutes in length. Submit your stories in font size 12, double-spaced, Times New Roman.
- All stories must be submitted by the deadline.
- Please email submissions c/o Kris at firstname.lastname@example.org with your subject title: “Metaphors Be With You.”
- Up to 7 stories will be chosen from all the submissions. The event curators reserve all rights to determine which of the submissions are selected. Writers maintain all rights to their stories.
- If selected, you will be contacted on how to arrange for a quick one-on-one session with either or both the MBWY curators, Sarah Howell and Kamil Haque. The final selection may receive editing and vetting notes from the co-curators.
- Submitting a story means that participants have to commit to: (a) A one-on-one session (approx. 20-30mins) no less than 48 hours before the show. Individual dates for the session would be confirmed upon admission. Storytellers are expected to work with the event curators to shape and structure their stories. (b) A pre-show run on the day of the show (about 1.5 hours before the box office opens). (c) The show itself
- Invited participants must submit a final copy of their story at least one week before the show.
- Storytellers are encouraged to read off the page; neither memorization nor props are necessary.
Follow us on Facebook / Leave a Review: http://www.fb.me/methodmetropolis
When: 16 May 2015, 7.30pm - 9pm