The Mexican cinema industry and Mexican filmmakers have been thriving in recent years, achieving hundreds of international awards and nominations around the world. For example, Mexican filmmakers Guillermo del Toro, Alejandro González Iñárritu and Alfonso Cuarón have won five Best Director Oscars in the last six years.
The Mexican Film Festival in Singapore is a great opportunity for the local public to enjoy some of the best Mexican productions, and to get a glimpse and get acquainted with the language, the culture, society and the art scene of Mexico. The seven films selected for this edition cover a range of different genres, from comedy, drama, thriller to horror, and each of them has garnered numerous awards and nominations from international and Mexican academies, juries and critics.
6 – 8 June, screenings at The Projector
● 6 June, Thu, 7:30 pm – Museum. Post-show Q&A session with scriptwriter and co-producer Mr Manuel Alcala.
● 7 Jun, Fri, 8:30 pm – Warehoused.
● 8 Jun, Sat, 5:30 pm – A Monster with a Thousand Heads.
● 8 Jun, Sat, 8 pm – I Dream In Another Language.
Tickets available at http://theprojector.sg/category/mexican-film-festival-2019/
10 – 12 June, screenings at NUS Shaw Foundation Alumni House
● 10 Jun, Mon, 7.30 pm – Eddie Reynolds and The Iron Angels.
● 11 Jun, Tue, 7.30 pm – Tigers Are Not Afraid.
● 12 Jun, Wed, 7.30 pm – Single and Fabulous in Her Thirties.
Complimentary tickets available at: http://nus.edu.sg/alumnet/events/results/MexicanFilmFestival-2019
Venues: The Projector and NUS Shaw Foundation Alumni House
When: 6 - 12 Jun 2019,