Singapore Garden Festival (SGF), the first garden show to showcase creations from the world’s top award-winning garden and floral designers under one roof, will make its eagerly-anticipated return from 23 to 31 July 2016. This is the sixth time the biennial event will delight visitors from around the world.
Organised by the National Parks Board (NParks) and Gardens by the Bay, the nine-day event is the largest show to-date, spanning across 9.7 hectares, and will feature a variety of exciting exhibits and new offerings. Visitors will be treated to a visual fiesta of exquisite garden and floral displays, created by more than 30 internationally acclaimed garden and floral designers.
Key highlights of the Festival include:
- 15 Fantasy and Landscape Show Gardens featuring approximately 80 sqm creations by top award-winning gardening luminaries from around the world. This year’s festival will feature landscape and garden designers from Australia, China, France, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, United Kingdom and United States of America
- 14 Floral Windows to the World featuring colourful and vibrant cut-flower displays and floral masterpieces with stunning set design and lighting by floral designers from around the world. This year’s festival will feature master floral artists from Belgium, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Japan, Norway, Russia, Singapore, South Korea and the United States of America.
- Orchid Extravaganza at Flower Dome showcasing the rich heritage of orchids. The floral display will put the spotlight on the world’s most diverse botanical family and one of the most important plant groups in the international floriculture industry.
- 5 Balcony Gardens featuring colourful and inspirational displays for small-home and apartment owners. Visitors can see how these designers transform 3m by 3m spaces into a soothing retreat.
- 6 Table-top Floral Displays featuring table-top floral displays created with fresh flowers, cutlery and decorative accessories. This competitive category at SGF features two competition categories for professionals and amateurs.
- Landscape Design Challenge (NEW) where teams of students will be tasked to transform a 3m by 3m empty space into a garden within a span of five hours.
- Terrarium Exhibition (NEW) showcasing more than 100 creative displays put together by members of the public including students, hobbyists and community gardeners. This exhibition will give visitors a larger-than-life terrarium experience
- A Vibrant Marketplace with over 100 booths offering food and beverages, plants, gardening and landscape products and services, and arts and crafts for sale. Visitors can also look forward to nightly performances by local musicians.
- Gardeners’ Cup with 60 groups of community gardeners split into 5 teams to compete for the best show garden.
- Other favourites include the Garden Fiesta that features a series of talks, demonstrations and workshops, and the Penjing & Artistic Stone Exhibition & Competition 2016.
For more info visit www.singaporegardenfestival.com
Venue: Gardens by the Bay
When: 23 - 31 Jul 2016,
By: Marina Bay